Hi, I'm Avra.
Another curious being, who is interested in science, politics and happenings in the world. You can expect me to update here with my on-going research works and also blog posts, in different topics from sevral open-source enthusiasts who are interested to share their writings in this small but growing space called cats-and-codes. Happy to connect with you!
- Our scientific paper on open-source python package, Stmol has been accepted. Find out more here✨
- Stspeckmol python package - A Streamlit Component for creating Speck molecular structures within Streamlit Web app.Try out the demo app here🚀
- 🔨 Pre-release of cats-and-codes✨ 🚀
- Would you like to search for scientific keywords and obiatin it’s related analytics from publications to authors? Here’s link to one of my code for fun project, a web-app, called PubLit 🚀
- Mar 2022: Two of my co-authored articles got accepted in Plant Physiology journal!🎉(details in the Publications page).
- Feb 2022: Joined Streamlit creators group!🎈
- Nov 2021: I have been awarded a Straub Young Scientist Prize 2021.
- Nov 2021: We submitted our paper titled, Trimeric Photosystem I facilitates energy transfer from phycobilisomes in Synechocystis PCC 6803.
- Mar 2021: Our paper titled, Excitation energy transfer kinetics of trimeric, monomeric and subunit-depleted Photosystem I from Synechocystis PCC 6803, accepted in Biochemical Journal.
- Mar 2020: Resuming my PhD work at the Biological Research Centre, at the Institute of Plant Biology, Photosynthetic Membranes Group.
Click here for archived news
- Feb 2020: I will be presenting a talk on “Modelling excitation energy transfer and trapping in the filamentous cyanobacterium Anabaena variabilis PCC7120 at, “Optimization of light energy conversion in plants and microalgae”, conference, Porto, Portugal.
- Oct 2019: I will be presenting a poster on “Excitation energy transfer and trapping in the filamentous cyanobacterium Anabaena variabilis PCC 7120” at “Biophysics of Photosynthesis: from molecules to the field” congress, Rome, Italy.
- Oct 2018: I have been awarded Marie Skłodowska-Curie Early Stage Researcher grant, to pursue my research work at the Vrije University Amsterdam. I will be working on the project, Solar Energy to Biomass.
- Sep 2018: I have been awarded a Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for my PhD studies.